Pre-Test Requirements: (What we need from you)
Before we can inspect and test your machine, you need to ensure that you have collated all relevant information in the form of a Technical File as described below. Please contact us if you would like advice on collating this information.
Technical File Contents
- As part of the EC Type-Examination process, the Technical File relating to the machine under scrutiny must be verified by an approved body.
- Main technical description including performance capability, power supply, dimensions and weight.
- Overall drawings with main dimensions. Detail drawings of load carrying parts and components. Electrical/Hydraulic/Pneumatic Schematics. Schedule of all drawings related to the type tested.
- Structural and Stability calculations to verify conformity with Essential Health and Safety requirements.
- Copies of reports of tests carried out to validate conformity with requirements including stability, structural and functional tests.
- Certificates related to compliance of bought-out components and parts. Where appropriate certificates demonstrating acceptability of manufacturing processes e.g. welding.
- A report which records how essential Health and Safety Requirements have been addressed. A description of the methods adopted to eliminate hazards presented by the machine.
- A comprehensive list of all standards used in the design, manufacture and testing of the machine.
- Certificates confirming compliance with any other applicable directive e.g. Electromagnetic Compatibility.
- Manual or Manuals containing instructions regarding machine operation and maintenance.
- A description of internal quality assurance and control measures operated to ensure consistency with the Type-Examined example.